What on earth is a flapjack?! Well,
“In the US, a flapjack is a less common way of saying “pancake”; in the UK, it’s a chewy, sweet granola bar. What the English call a pancake is what Americans would call a crepe, and American pancakes, which are fluffier and more leavened, are called “American pancakes.”
Hmmmm… I am still confused! But, lucky our good friend Miranda from clean_treats has made life so simple for all of us and created her own version using our Maple Pecan cookies!! A flapjack made from a cookie? The Brits would be shaking their heads right now!
– Rumbles Paleo Maple pecan cookies (could use honey nut too)
– Rumbles Paleo Choc rocks
– Dried apricots (if you don’t like apricots you could make these with dried cherries, figs, goji berries, cranberries etc)
– You can add extra goodies like pumpkin seeds, more coconut, buckwheat etc but the cookies are loaded with these already so not really necessary
1. Line a tray with baking paper
2. Dice dried apricots or fruit of choice
3. Heat cookies in the microwave so they soften slightly and can be molded
4. Mix cookies and dried fruit in a bowl and press into lined baking tray
5. Set in freezer while preparing chocolate
6. Melt choc rocks in a metals bowl sitting over a saucepan of boiling water, keep stirring chocolate so it doesn’t stick until melted
7. Drizzle chocolate over the set cookie mix and return to freezer until chocolate has set
8. Slice and devour!