Complete thirty minutes of exercise per day in just ten minutes. That’s what I’m proposing!
Instantly get your free exercise programs by clicking the below button:
If I were to tell you that you needed to fit in thirty minutes of exercise per day, every day into your already hectic schedule, you would put down your coffee and Rumbles Paleo cookie, look me in the eyes and say, ‘Do you know how hard it is to… (fill in the blanks here!)
But what if there was a way to do this that is simple, time saving and beneficial to your physical health and mental well being? What if there was a way to do this that meant you didn’t have to even leave your house to do it! Well there is!
To achieve long term success in anything you need to develop a system that works within your lifestyle.
If you over complicate that system, design it to somebody else’s specifications, or develop one that is way too complicated even for you, then it just wont work. A simple, effective solution is to break up your exercise into 3 x 10 minute blocks that you can fit in ANYTIME of the day. Sounds too easy right?
Wouldn’t it be more beneficial if you completed 1 or 2 of these 10 minute blocks rather than none?
It sure would be. As human beings we like to over complicate, over analyse and eventually give up on ‘stuff’ that we feel will take too much time, no matter how advantageous it is for us. Yet, if we simplified the actual ‘process’ of completing the task then all of a sudden it seems achievable. For example, if you knew that you had to, in your busy day, complete a 30 minute workout, you would start analysing the scenario like this:
1. I need to get somebody to look after the kids.
2. I need to make sure that I am back by this time and leave by that time.
3. I need to go and find my gym clothes, I hate my gym clothes!
4. I then need to get in the car (find my keys first!) drive to the gym, find a park.
5. Then I need to decide what I am going to do when I get there because all the equipment I like to use is taken.
6. I then need to get back in my car, sweaty, smelly and hot.
7. Pick up the kids, feed them, put them down to sleep.
8. I need to prepare dinner, shower, wash my clothes, try and get in a protein shake…etc.
9. Damn, kids are awake….
10. Gym is way too hard!
But, if you knew that all you needed to do was slot in 10 minutes, you would go:
1. Ok, kids are asleep.
2. Find that super easy 10 minute program that Rumbles Paleo gave me.
3. Put on my daggy clothes.
4. Do the program, drink my protein shake.
5. Kids are up! Gym is done! Winner!
How much easier is that! Having worked in the fitness industry for over 10 years, I always give people the same advice when it comes to exercise – do as much as you can in the time you have got. That way time is never an excuse. If you can afford the time to go to the gym, then do it. If you can’t, then do what you can in the time you have got and you will definitely be better for it!
Quick ten minute exercise program
Do 2 rounds of the below program without stopping.
Stay at each station for 1 minute before moving to the next.
o Station 1: Squats
o Station 2: Burpees
o Station 3: Push Ups
o Station 4: Squat Jumps
o Station 5: Crunches
Want two more exercise programs to keep you moving?
Then click the below button to download your free programs now! (as seen in the picture to your left)
If you liked this article, you’ll also like Brain’s article titled: Exercise – the ONE reason you don’t do it!