There wouldn’t be too many people that don’t love Ferraro Rochers! The crunchy outer skin, soft creamy centre….
If I could show you my facial expression now (imagine tongue out, eyes open looking dreamy, with a dribble of saliva…!)
Now, being healthy and all of that means we don’t eat them all the time, so we needed an alternative and our amazing friend Miranda from clean_treats has come up with an AMAZING way to eat these, all the time! Well, maybe not all the time but most of the time!
They are simple to make, use a couple of our favourite products and best of all, taste ah-mazing!
Healthy chocolate snacks that taste great – yes please!
- Rumbles Paleo Neanderthal nugget and/or choc chiperoo cookies
- Choc rocks
- Raw cacao powder
- Sweetener of choice such as pure maple syrup (optional)
- Heat cookies of choice for a few seconds in microwave to soften (coconut oil melts so no extra ingredients are required) and so the choc chunks melt slightly so they can be molded into balls
- Put in a bowl with 1 Tbs cacao powder and sweetener if using and mix with your hands, rolling into balls
- Press a whole hazelnut into the centre of each ball
- Set balls in the fridge while you prepare the chocolate and hazelnuts
- Boil water in saucepan, put metal bowl on top of water with choc rocks in and stir chocolate until melted
- Put hazelnuts in blender or mortar and pestle and pulse until crushed
- Take balls out of the fridge and drop into the melted chocolate to cover then roll in crushed hazelnuts
- Return balls to fridge until chocolate has set