Choc Chip and Walnut Cookies!
Who on earth would think Pumpkin and Chocolate together is a good idea for food? Pumpkin! Well, our supremo recipe creator Mirands from @clean_treats did and she is onto a winner! Give this a crack – you will love it!
Ingredients (Makes 16)
- 3/4 cup Buckwheat flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 sea salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, plus more for topping
- 1/3 cup Rumble Paleo Choc Rocks
- 3 tbsp neutral flavour oil e.g. olive oil, macadamia oil
- 4 tbsp warm almond milk
- Place the buckwheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Fold in the chocolate to the flour mixture and stir well.
- Place coconut sugar, cocoa powder, oil and warm milk in a seperate bowl and whisk until well combined. Add to the flour mixture and mix until no flour is visible then fold in walnut pieces. The mixture should be sticky and not dry. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate the dough for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Remove dough from the refrigerator and take roughly 2 tbs at a time, roll into a ball, place onto a lined baking tray. Use your hand and flatten slightly. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Top with more walnut pieces on top and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Let them cool on the pan for 5 minutes then place on a wire rack to cool completely.