PALEO BREAD RECIPE
It’s bread, but not like you know it because it’s gluten, grain and dairy free!
One of the things I hear from many of our customers is that they struggle soooooooo much to go without bread.
I totally get this as it was one of the things that I struggled with too.
I mean what would life be like without vegemite sandwiches or hamburgers? It would be soooooooooooo sad!
But eating healthy doesn’t mean giving up all your favourite foods.
When we think of healthy as being restrictive, that’s when we become fearful, stressed and depressed. That’s when Captain F.O.M.O. (fear of missing out) shows up at our door! Captain F.O.M.O. creates a world of pain, which can ultimately send us back to the foods we were meant to be cutting back on.
I mean ever felt soooooooooooo stressed about not being able to have a particular food, that the stress eventually drives you bonkers and so you dive head first into that chocolate, ice cream tub or…that loaf of bread?
So think of this Paleo Bread Recipe as a one way ticket for Captain F.O.M.O. With this recipe we’ll send him packing back to the depressing hole from which he crept out of!
This Paleo Bread Recipe takes five minutes to throw together and it means you can always indulge in vegemite sandwiches or hamburgers whenever you want! You can also use it to mop up the gravy while eating your next casserole…who doesn’t love mopping up gravy with bread?!
Actually before I give you the recipe…
I’d like to invite you to join in on our Rumbles 5 Day Healthy Lunch Challenge! Captain F.O.M.O. certainly won’t be showing his ugly face while you’re riding along on our delicious Healthy Lunch Challenge Train – toot, toot!
We’ll show you how to take less than one hour a week to create a whole week’s worth of healthy Paleo inspired lunches. These lunches will give you long lasting energy so you can power through your arvo’s with energy, clarity and no mid-afternoon cravings that often result when we either skip lunch or eat carb heavy lunches (i.e. regular sandwiches or take outs). Goodbye mid-afternoon brain fog, hello vitality and stamina.
Just click the image below to sign up!
PALEO BREAD RECIPE
- 150g almond meal
- 90g arrowroot
- 35g flax meal (opt.)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 5 eggs
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Grease and line a 10 x 20cm loaf pan. If using muffin pans to make bread rolls, grease them generously with coconut oil or butter (I find coconut oil works better than butter for removing rolls without them sticking).
- In a large bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients: nut meal, arrowroot, flax (if using), baking powder and salt.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the eggs and vinegar.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Pour batter into loaf pan or muffin pans.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes for a loaf and approximately 20 minutes for the bread-rolls. Bread is cooked when a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Bread should be golden brown on top and should feel firm to the touch when lightly pressed in the centre.
- Leave to cool for ten to twenty minutes before removing from the pan.