Protein Lamingtons with Chia Jam!
There aren’t too many Aussies and non Aussies that don’t love a good Lamington! As much as the ridgy-didge one’s taste, they aren’t that great for you!
So, thanks to Miranda @clean_treats we have a recipe that is! Perfect timing for your Australia Day BBQ!
- 30 gm vanilla protein powder (can sub for extra almond meal)
- 5 gm baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 25 gm coconut flour
- 20 gm almond meal
- 20 gm coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- 60 ml almond milk
- 100 gm Choc Rocks
- 10 gm coconut oil
- 1 cup strawberries/raspberries
- 2 tbs water
- 3 tbs chia seeds
- 1-2 tsp sweetener or more to taste
Makes 2 jumbo/4 small Lamingtons
- Mix all cake ingredients together and bake at 180 degrees for 12 minutes
- Meanwhile make chia jam – simmer all ingredients in a saucepan for 10 minutes and set aside to cool
- Once the cake has cooler, let it cool then coat in melted choc mixture and roll in shredded coconut
- Refrigerate cake until choc has set
- To serve, slice cake in half and fill with chia jam and even a little sneaky cream if you like